I was asked to compile a list of maths revision tips for the Year 11 students at my school, who will be sitting their GCSE Maths exams this summer. These tips can also be applied to GCSE Further Maths and A Level Maths.
Revision Tips for GCSE Maths
- Completing past papers is the best way of revising for maths exams
- Write down the topic of the questions that you lost marks on
- Using your textbook, work through questions that are related to these topics
- Circle any questions that you cannot do or do not understand, and ask your teacher for help
- Write down essential formulae that you must remember on sticky notes, and stick them up on walls
- Explain topics to somebody else to make sure that you really understand it