For these yummy little cupcakes, I used a basic cupcake recipe, and added dark chocolate and strawberries for the topping.
110g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
110g self-raising flour
1-2 tbsp milk
30g dark chocolate
Strawberries, chopped in half
1) Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas mark 4. Line 2 12-hole cupcake tins with cupcake cases.
2) Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl. Beat in the eggs, and stir in the vanilla extract.
3) Fold in the flour. Add in a little milk until the mixture is soft. Spoon the mixture in the cases until half full.
4) Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden-brown. Check that a skewer inserted into one of the cakes comes out clean. Leave to cool for 10 minutes.
5) Melt the dark chocolate in the microwave for 45 seconds. Spread on top of the cupcakes and add a half strawberry on top.
6) Leave to set. To speed up the setting process, leave to set in a fridge.