When the words “no bootable device – insert boot disk” appear on my screen immediately after I turn on my laptop, I tend to do the following things:
2) Reread the words on the screen, pretending to myself that I know exactly what they’re talking about.
3) Empty drawers to find the installation CD that they’re demanding you insert (my other option was to contact my manufacturer, who’ll probably laugh when I tell them how old my laptop is and tell me to buy a new one).
4) Restart the laptop after inserting the CD.
5) Sigh in relief when everything looks normal.
6) Curse in French and restart the process when I select French as the language instead of English.
7) Stare in bewilderment at the rapidly moving words on the screen.
8) Clap in joy when my Despicable Me desktop wallpaper appears.
9) Blog about my 5 minutes of technology pain.