It’s yet another rainy day here in London, and when I say it’s raining, I mean it’s chucking it down like there’s no tomorrow. The rain makes everything so grey, and a little colder as well. It’s at times like these that I like to do some baking. It warms me up (thank you oven!), and I get something yummy to eat afterwards! I made lemon biscuits today, and they turned out pretty well.
325g plain flour
200g salted butter
125g caster sugar
Zest of 1 lemon
2 egg yolks
1) Preheat the oven to 180C/360F/Gas mark 4.
2) Mix the flour and butter to form breadcrumbs.
3) Add the sugar, lemon zest, and egg yolks. Form a dough.
4) Roll out the dough to 5mm thick. Cut out biscuits.
5) Place on a baking sheet. Bake for around 17 minutes or until golden brown.
6) Leave to cool.